The Victorian Fayre was first started back in 1992 by traders from picturesque New Street and Friar Street. Now in its 27th year, the Fayre may have grown a lot but it has stayed true to its traditional roots with plenty of Victorian themed characters, festive treats and a wonderful atmosphere. This year there will be almost 200 stalls across the city centre, selling local arts and crafts, delicious street food and gifts.
As part of the Victorian Bright Lights will be show casing its range of personalised gifts creating memorable experiences for those that receive beautiful gifts this Christmas. We will return to our traditional location on the High outside Office and Boots.
As a family run business we are able to provide bespoke gifts as well as our service. We offer to our customers if you visit our website www.yourbrightlights.co.uk and wish for anything to be personalised before the Fayre contact us directly and we would be delighted to get your gifts ready. Almost a click and collect service.
As well as a wonderful array of stalls, we are looking forward to a fantastic programme of entertainment. Look out for Victorian characters in Gin Lane, lofty entertainers on stilts, brilliant musicians on our stages and buskers on every street corner.
There really is something for everyone and we hope you have a wonderful time!
- Thursday 28th: 12:00 – 21:00
- Friday 29th: 11:00 – 21:00
- Saturday 30th: 10:00 – 20:00
- Sunday 1st: 11:00 – 17:00
Top ten reasons to visit
- 200 STALLS: A fabulous street market selling all sorts of delightful Christmas goodies, handmade items and much, much more. There will be many local producers so you can take home locally sourced food and drink, arts and crafts and Christmas gifts. Not to mention Bright Lights.
- TASTY TREATS: You won’t go hungry with this unrivalled street food selection! The Fayre has all your festive favourites and some tasty surprises too.
- ATMOSPHERE: The sights, smells and sounds of Christmas come alive at the Fayre! Go back in time and see how Christmas might have looked 150 years ago as Victorian characters fill the historic streets of Worcester.
- FUN OF THE FAIR: A Victorian Fayre wouldn’t be complete without a carousel and fun fair. Step aboard the Galloper to be whisked around to the sound of the traditional barrel organ.
- ENTERTAINMENT: With live music, traditional carols and school choirs on the stages and buskers on every street corner, there is plenty of entertainment at the Fayre to keep you smiling throughout the day.
Come along and see all the fun festivities for yourself, support local businesses and take part in one of the highlights of the Midlands’ festive calendar.